Homework Questions for Monday 6/15. This homework is due at the beginning of school on Tuesday 6/16.
Vocabulary Map Vocab:
English Bill of Rights
Petition of Rights
1. What process took city-states from monarchy to aristocracy and, in Athens, to democracy?
2. How did Pericles make Athens more democratic?
3. What were Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle ideas about democracy?
4. What does Plato say about tyranny in The Republic on pg. 18?
5. According to Aristotle on pg. 19, What does Aristotle say about human beings governing fairly?
6. What lasting principles of law did Romans develop?
7. What important democratic ideas did Judaism promote through its ethical view of the world?
8. How are the Judeo-Christian and democratic traditions linked?
9. How did the English Parliament limit the power of the monarch?
10. Why is the Magna Carta considered a source of traditional democratic principles?
11. Did the English Bill of Rights leave the English Monarch powerless? Explain Why or Why not?
12. Which people, the English or the Athenians, had more democratic rights? To explain your answer think about the following: type of government, who participated in government, and the freedoms each society enjoyed.
13. What are the main historical sources of the democratic tradition?