Homework Questions for Thursday 6/18. This homework is due at the beginning of school on Monday 6/22.
Vocabulary Map Vocab:
Tennis Court Oath
Jean Paul Marat
Declaration of Rights of Man
Reign of Terror
Committee of Public Safety
1. What led to the storming of the Bastille, and therefore, to the start of the French Revolution?
2. What economic troubles did France face in 1789?
3. What actions did delegates of the Third Estate take when the Estates-General met in 1789?
4. What political and social reforms did the National Assembly institute in the first stage of the French Revolution?
5. How was the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen similar to the American Declaration of Independence?
6. What did Marie Antoinette represent to the people of France?
7. What role did Marat play in the French Revolution?
8. What events occurred during the radical phase of the French Revolution?
9. How did Robespierre justify the use of terror during the Reign of Terror?
10. What were the goals of the Committee of Public Safety?
11. Summarize the goals and actions of the Jacobins?
12. What changes occurred in France because of the French Revolution?