Homework Questions for Wednesday 6/24. This homework is due at the beginning of school on Thursday 6/25.
Vocabulary Map Vocabulary:
Sphere of Influence
King Leopold II
Scramble for Africa
"jewel in the crown"
Ram Mohun Roy
Open Door Policy
1. What are the European motives of Imperialism?
2. How was Imperialsim able to spread through Africa and Asia so quickly?
3. What are the forms of Imperial Rule?
4. What factors shaped each of the main regions of Africa? (North, South, East, West)
5. How did Ethiopia resist European rule?
6. How was the economy of India transformed by the British?
7. How did the scramble for African colonies begin?
8. How did the Berlin Conference decide the fate of Africa?
9. What caused the sepoy Mutiny?
10. How was western imperialism a source of stress in muslim regions of the world?
11. How did Egypt fall into the hands of British Control?
12. How did westerns get trading rights in China in the 1800's?
13. Why were natural resources of Africa and Asia important to Europeans in the 1800's?
14. How did western industrial powers gain global empires?